Tumo is currently seeking a Project Architect at various levels of experience to join its growing, young and dynamic team based in Yerevan. The projects vary in scale and location from local to international Tumo centers, where he/ she will be working with major international architects. Tumo seeks a Project Architect who will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and administering architectural projects through all phases of development. The successful candidate should enjoy working in a collaborative environment and, where applicable, will lead the design/ documentation team and give direction to assigned team members. This role will report to the Head of Construction and requires the successful applicant to be located in Yerevan. He/ she will apply discipline-specific technical standards and procedures.
- Review documents, drawings and interdisciplinary coordination;
- Check the specifications to ensure that they do not conflict with the drawings;
- Coordinate work with other disciplines, including outside consultants as applicable;
- Coordinate and review shop drawings and submittal data;
- Perform interdisciplinary coordination check to minimise deficiencies, errors and omissions in drawings and specifications;
- Lead the production of well-organized, finished drawings of good appearance, accuracy, clarity and correctness;
- Research suitable products, material and suppliers for inclusion in the project reviewing their technical requirements, pricing and availability;
- Establish and maintain budgets, schedules, and monitor adherence of the terms of contract;
- Act as the responsible party for the project and liaises with the head contractor (sub-contractors) to direct, control, and monitor all project activities;
- Participate in construction inspection to monitor compliance with design intent, construction drawings and specifications. Prepare inspection reports and punch lists;
- Provide solutions to field problems, respond to RFI' s and prepare field orders and addenda;
- Lead production and archiving of record drawings and specifications;
- Assist Design Manager with project closeout;
- Successfully multitask and prioritise.
- Successful candidates will have at least 5 years of on-site experience;
- Ability to see projects from concept through to delivery with a sound knowledge of construction documentation;
- Experience in commercial, educational and hospitality projects would be an advantage;
- Architects who have attained registration or are on their pathway to registration would be desirable;
- Proficiency in Armenian language;
- Knowledgeable in Revit Architecture, AutoCAD, Microsoft Word and Excel or the equivalent in Google suite, Bluebeam, Enscape and/ or Sketchup is desirable.
About Tumo Center for Creative Technologies
Tumo is an after-school learning center where teenagers acquire digital media skills free of charge. Thousands of students attend Tumo on a regular basis and participate in its innovative, self-paced program. Its educational framework is based on a proprietary platform that promotes learning through interactive game-like levels, exposing users to increasingly challenging activities. Tumo's educational methodology is based on a large set of self-instructional activities that each of the Center's students assembles into a personal learning plan in the areas of animation, game development, web development and filmmaking. To learn more about the Tumo Center for Creative Technologies, please visit: www.tumo.org