Under the guidance and supervision of the Project Management Team, the incumbent will carry out multiple assignments to help meet the overall and specific objectives of the Program “Livestock Development in the South of Armenia”.
The job responsibilities of the Project Component Leader include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead and be responsible for achieving set outcomes/ outputs of the "Strengthening capacities of local self-governance bodies to support rural economic development“ Project Component/Objective;
- Develop work-plans of the Component/ Objective in line with the Project proposal and under the guidance of the Project Management team;
- Coordinate the implementation of the Component/ Objective specific interventions/ activities assigned by the Project Management;
- Supervise, coach and lead the appointed project team, consultants and experts involved in the implementation process;
- Provide leadership and strategic thinking, communicate project expectations to the team members, experts, Project partners and relevant stakeholders to ensure proper implementation of the planned activities;
- Participate in management meetings and contribute to the project planning, discussions and presentations;
- Responsible for developing and delivering all related project documents, including progress reports, technical documentation, communication materials, presentations, etc.; ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured;
- Responsible for continuous analysis of environment (including stakeholders, other projects and organizations, state institutions etc.), regional socio-economic situation and relevant policies and developments in regard to the Objective/ Component;
- Review the strategy of the Component/ Objective interventions under the guidance of the Project Management team on a regular basis to ensure that it contributes to the Project’s overall goal and objectives;
- Carry out other tasks as may be required connected to the Project’s implementation.
- University degree in Public Administration, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Agricultural Sciences or related disciplines;
- At least 3 years of work experience in related fields;
- Demonstrated expertise and achievement in the implementation, management and review of rural development, income and employment focused or local governance aid programs and/ or activities;
- Program management skills with supporting skills in communication, negotiation and representation;
- Research and analytical skills with a practical focus;
- Understanding of the rural development context and local governance system in Armenia;
- Sound judgment, problem solving skills, initiative and a results orientation;
- Ability to work effectively in teams with adaptability and responsiveness;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken Armenian and English languages;
- Computer literacy with practical experience in Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability and willingness to travel countrywide (at least 50% of time).