The Project will be implemented by UNDP in close cooperation with the Ministry of Environment and GIZ. For implementation purposes, UNDP will establish a project team, which will ensure that the envisaged activities are carried out in a timely manner and the outputs are reached. The Project team will be managed by the Project Coordinator (PC), who will operate under the overall guidance of UNDP Deputy Resident Representative and under the direct supervision of Climate, Environment, Resilience Programme (CER) Analyst/ Team Leader.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the Project Unit, including recruitment and supervision of the Project staff, national and international consultants and subcontractors, as well as timely delivery of the Project outcomes/ outputs;
- Ensure the development and efficient implementation of activities, as per the Project Document acting flexibly to adjust to implementing realities;
- Cooperate with GIZ on the organization of the Inception phase of the Project and follow-up implementation activities;
- Manage and monitor the financial performance of the Project and ensure delivery as per the Project budget;
- Develop the detailed Project work plan and relevant activities as per outputs; ensure efficient and timely implementation of those activities;
- Provide substantive support in the development of the Project monitoring plan in line with the requirements indicated in the Project document; support in undertaking the Project independent midterm and final evaluations;
- Ensure implementation of the Project communication plan and visibility requirements;
- Prepare and submit reports to the implementing and responsible partners, UNDP, and funding organization on the financial and operational status of the Project according to the requirements stated in the agreement, monitoring and evaluation plan;
- Lead, supervise and monitor the Project implementation process, including provision of advice on the UNDP activities in the area of conservation and sustainable use of natural resources;
- Ensure organization of national and regional workshops and other meetings, prepare briefing notes, background papers and deliver presentations in the assigned area;
- Liaise with the Government, key sectorial actors and stakeholders, civil society organizations, academia, including private companies, and international partners to ensure participatory approach for the development and implementation of Project and CER programme's related activities;
- Support in developing critical partnerships and networks for the specific thematic areas; participating in the activities of intergovernmental or other coordinating bodies, thematic task forces, project boards, etc.;
- Support UNDP in providing guidance and technical expertise on the formulation of projects, concept notes, strategies and proposals in the related fields under CER programme;
- Identify and develop new cooperation and respective funding opportunities to ensure meeting the Project stated objectives and beyond;
- Provide input and contribute to the preparation of SER programme related policy papers, corporate planning and reporting tools, resource mobilization and advocacy materials;
- Contribute to the preparation of innovative and creative initiatives, blogs, interviews, etc. in the assigned area;
- Act as Project assets custodian and ensure that the Project assets are properly inventoried and reported to UNDP;
- Perform other programmatic and advisory duties as required by UNDP.
- Master's degree in Environmental Management and Policy, Natural Sciences, Hydrology, or other relevant discipline;
- Relevant university degree in combination with qualifying experience in the project/ programme management in the subject area may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 5 years of related professional and managerial experience at national level, of which 3 with international organizations in the field of project management. Hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects;
- Proven understanding of and practical exposure to the institutional framework governing natural resources management and climate policy in Armenia, understanding of the Protected Area management concept and market related mechanisms governing natural resource use schemes;
- Proven experience in development of analytical documents, research work, project proposals/ concept notes.
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages; knowledge of Russian language is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and Office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- High level of integrity and professionalism. Demonstrated initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility and discretion;
- Ability to handle big volume and scope of simultaneous tasks, as well as work under the pressure and in circumstances of diverse interests;
- Ability to deliver and reach the planned project targets;
- Ability to work independently and to participate effectively in a team-based information sharing;
- Creativity, flexibility and an innovative approach to problem solving;
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated strong team spirit;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrate integrity by modelling the UN's values and ethical standards;
- Demonstrate a passion and energy for development projects;
- Promote the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treat all people fairly without favoritism.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promote a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office;
- In-depth knowledge on development issues;
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice;
- Actively work towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, act on learning plan and apply newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting;
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects, mobilize resources;
- Strong IT skills;
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems and affect staff behavioral/attitudinal change.
Management and Leadership:
- Focus on impact and result for the client and respond positively to feedback;
- Lead teams effectively and show conflict resolution skills;
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills;
- Build strong relationships with clients and external actors;
- Remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.