Under the overall guidance and supervision of the UNDP Armenia Innovation and SDG Finance Programme Analyst and Regional Project Manager, the Project Coordinator will oversee the Project implementation for the EU funded Mayors for Economic Growth Facility. The Project Manager will specifically focus on managing the Project, overseeing, connecting and building on the work at the country level and ensuring that project is implemented in line with RBM.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for implementation of in-country activities in accordance with the Project document and approved work plan. The Project Coordinator for Armenia is expected to closely cooperate with the EU Delegation in Armenia, project counterparts, local authorities, partners, line ministries and regional authorities, and other relevant parties. With respect to overall coordination of in-country project activities the Project Coordinator is expected to:
- Ensure effective communication with national and local partners;
- Ensure timely preparation, update and implementation of Project annual and detailed work plans, and other related documents for timely commencement of planned in-country activities and expected outputs;
- Organize and/ or coordinate Project events;
- Supervise research activities and elaboration of joint knowledge products at the national level;
- Build partnerships with local authorities, relevant ministries, private sector and local actors;
- Coordinate implementation of the national component of the Project in close cooperation with local authorities and other relevant parties;
- Ensure smooth implementation of in-country Project activities and attainment of the overall Project objectives as stated in the Project document at the national level;
- Coordinate all Project in-country activities with the activities of national counterparts and other UNDP projects;
- Build, manage, and support relationships with national partners, provide partners with advanced technical assistance;
- Organize and conduct Technical Working Groups and support organization of Steering Committees;
- Set-up and organize national steering mechanisms;
- Maintain close liaison with national Project partners, ensuring optimum participation and promoting ownership of the Government in the implementation of the Project; as well as ensure coordination of the Project activities with other stakeholders at the national level;
- Ensure compliance of Project business processes with UNDP Project Operational Policies and Procedures and UNDP Standard Operating Procedures;
- Perform other duties as required, in consultation with and under supervision of the Innovation and SDG Finance Programme Analyst and Regional Project Manager.
Project and Financial Management:
- Develop Terms of Reference for Project consultants/ potential service providers and ensure proper management, delivery and processes;
- Draft annual Project work plan in consultation with major national project stakeholders;
- Comply with security and safety requirements and regulations and ensure the same are respected by all local consultants;
- Prepare and update country level work plans and budgets;
- Manage financial allocations, ensure timely payments in accordance with UNDP rules, regulations and procedures; generate Atlas reports, including combined delivery reports at the national level;
- Prepare procurement plans and oversee procurement and logistics for Project implementation of in-country activities;
- At the national level feed into the progress reports, produce periodical annual Project progress reports and financial reports;
- Provide regular updates on the Project progress to the Regional Project Manager and relevant Programme Analyst at the CO;
- Work closely with other UNDP initiatives;
- Perform other duties as required.
Support to resource mobilization:
- Establish and maintain contacts and cooperation with the relevant UN Agencies, government institutions, bilateral and multilateral donors, private sector, civil society engaged in urbanization and innovation;
- Undertake horizon scanning and explore opportunities for resource mobilization in consultation with the Regional Project Manager and Programme Analyst;
- Support development of new initiatives and proposals to donors at the national level;
- Play an active advisory role on governance issues within the UNDP Governance team and in other settings as required.
Advocacy and Coordination:
- Design and implement a communication strategy of the Project at the national level;
- Ensure regular communication and coordination with national partners and develop and maintain effective mechanisms for integrating and responding to their feedback and insights;
- Ensure careful selection of communication tools and tailoring the messages taking into account overall socio-political and development context in the country.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Social sciences or a related field.
- At least 5 years of substantive experience working in or directly related to project management;
- Proven experience in applying innovative methods and models to development challenges;
- Proven experience in working with local authorities, partners and communities;
- Experience in working in multi-stakeholder initiatives;
- Proven communication and advocacy skills, and ability to work in an environment requiring liaison and collaboration with multiple actors including government representatives, donors and other stakeholders.
- Maturity, excellent interpersonal, negotiation and team leading skills;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to handle multiple concurrent project components and competing priorities.
- Excellent computer skills with ability to use information technology as a tool and resource.
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages with proven drafting and presentation skills; knowledge of Russian language is an asset.
- Demonstrate integrity and fairness by modelling UN values and ethical standards;
- Demonstrate professional competence and be conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey complex concepts and recommendations, both orally and in writing, in a clear and persuasive style tailored to match different audiences;
- Ability to interact, establish and maintain effective working relations with a culturally diverse team, as a team member, to build trust, and to manage in a deliberate, transparent and predictable way;
- Ability to establish and maintain productive partnerships with national partners and stakeholders and pro-activeness in identifying of beneficiaries and partners' needs and matching them to appropriate solutions.
- Ability to develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies;
- Ability to identify priority activities and tasks and allocate appropriate time and resources for effective and efficient work completion;
- Ability to monitor progress against milestones and deadlines;
- Ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising quality, team spirit and positive working relationships;
- Ability to foresee risks and develop mitigation strategies.