UNDP is seeking services of the Kolba Lab Lead, who will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the activities, delivery of inputs and outputs of the Lab, and other related activities. The Lab Lead will work under the direct supervision of the Portfolio Team Lead.
- Ensure coherence and overall vision of projects implemented as part of Kolba Lab;
- Provide guidance and overall vision of the Lab both towards long-term development as well as for daily project compliance;
- Initiate resource mobilization, partnership building and networking to expand the portfolio of projects in the Lab;
- Oversee the work of the Communications and Events Associate and ensure visibility and exposure of the Lab through media engagement, networking and highlight on local and international fora;
- Ensure timely implementation of all project activities in daily coordination with Task Leaders and Experts;
- Ensure the timely administration of the projects, including their reporting, budgeting and quality assurance;
- Provide substantive technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget; work towards its timely implementation with project partners and beneficiaries; monitor budget implementation and make budget re-alignments/ revisions as necessary;
- Monitor progress of implementation of activities and finances using the results-based management tools; ensure effective information flow and exchange within the team;
- Contribute to the selection of international and national consultants/ companies and preparation of procurements and contracting packages in line with the work plans and UNDP rules and guidelines;
- Organize and attend field missions as necessary and draft reports on monitoring site visits;
- Keep updated a mapping of main stakeholders/ partners in the field in the Project target sectors;
- Coordinate the development/ expansion of knowledge management strategies, methodologies, and products on foresight and future making;
- Ensure regular production of Kolba's flagship Human Development Snapshots by identifying unexplored policy intervention areas and nudging research investigations;
- Ensure proper maintenance of the documentation and filing system;
- Perform financial certification function and provide oversight over the Lab's transactions;
- Confirm receipt of goods and services procured, authorize payments from the existing funds, monitor financial status of the projects;
- Ensure due information and communication flows for all stakeholders, promote networking and experience sharing between stakeholders and target groups;
- Represent the Lab on behalf of UNDP in collaboration with authorities, and other international and local organizations.
- At least a master's degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration, Business Management or another related field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in managing development initiatives at national or international levels. Experience in citizen empowerment, job creation, community development, and innovation, including a strong focus on working with startups, civil society organizations and private sector;
- Familiarity with foresight and future modeling methodologies, knowledge of global innovation ecosystem and trends, is a strong asset;
- Proven experience in drafting project proposals, strategic and policy papers – experience in project implementation is a strong asset;
- Exposure to a wide range of innovative policy and practical solutions, as well as ability to identify and localize global use cases, is an advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages; good knowledge of Russian language is an asset.
- High level of integrity and professionalism. Demonstrated initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility and discretion;
- Ability to handle big volume and scope of simultaneous tasks, as well as work under the pressure and in circumstances of diverse interests;
- Demonstrated strong team spirit;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrate commitment to UN and UNDP's mission, vision and values;
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Share knowledge and experience;
- Actively work towards continuing personal learning, act on learning plan and apply newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Results Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of projects, managing data, reporting;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system, including new IT based systems;
- Proficiency in professional writing and reporting.
Leadership and Self-Management:
- Focus on the result for the client and respond positively to feedback;
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remain positive and composed even under pressure;
- Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities.