The Gituzh Initiative is looking for a highly motivated and professional Project Manager to join its mission-driven and enthusiastic team.
About the Gituzh Initiative
At the Gituzh Initiative, we are guided by a core belief that a strong scientific & technological potential is the cornerstone of development, security and well-being of Armenia. Our mission is to empower Armenia through science and technology, and it extends to all our work, whether it’s science popularization, working to support the development of the scientific ecosystem and R&D capacities based on our country’s needs, or advocating for crucially needed changes in Armenia’s science policy.
This mission-driven approach began two years ago when over 170 IT & high tech companies’ founders & businessmen, as well as 21 foundations and associations united around the Gituzh agenda and empowered so much needed changes in Armenia’s scientific ecosystem and science narrative.
Purpose of the Role
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing all the Gituzh daily tasks, overseeing the team operational processes, leading ongoing projects and architecturing new ones, helping organize events and ensuring that all external and internal team-members understand their event-related roles and responsibilities and stay coordinated throughout the project/event lifecycle.
The PM’s specific role within each project or event will vary depending on size, needs, and scope of the work that needs to be done.
- Managing the team: Manage the overall workflow of the small team, from task giving to scheduling, sync-up calls to monthly meetings, execution to evaluation. Responsible for leading the work of WordPress Developer, Graphic Designer, involving the website-related matters and completion of graphics and printing work requests such as social media graphics, illustrations, presentations and more
- Coordinate capabilities, workload, and resources across multiple projects
- Oversee Projects: Help develop project scopes, timeline, activities, objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring effective communication and that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget. Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation. Together with the team lead, design new projects and create detailed implementation plans, including risk mitigation
- Event Management: Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of events, including finding venues, managing catering, communications, printing materials, speaker/attendee engagement, and participants selection. Perform other duties as assigned to meet event-specific needs and ensure that the events are executed in a seamless manner
- Budget: Manage all projects and events budget, in coordination with the team lead and accounting manager
- Share Gituzh’s values and vision
- Graduate degree in relevant fields
- 3-5 years of experience in project management, and events management, experience in the public, private, or nonprofit sectors, preferably in high tech industry or international organizations
- Proficient with Trello project management tool, Slack, Notion, as well as various event management tools
- Experience editing content in Armenian and English and working with translators and content crators highly preferred
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in Armenian and English
- Ability to work independently on an assignment and also collaboratively as a member of a team
- We see our future colleague and friend as:
- Organized with attention to detail
- Has Integrity, responsibility and a positive mindset
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Highly logical and analytical mindset
- Willingness to share knowledge and skills with other team members
- Creative, resourceful