What’s it like working as a Quality Assurance Engineer at Questrade?
The Quality Assurance Engineer will provide expertise in the area of QA activities for applications developed by the Questrade Technology Group (QTG), with particular focus on the trading platform, Microservices and high volume data flow and transactions. This individual will be allocated as part of a team following agile methodologies such as SCRUM.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will be an individual very interested in technology, particularly backend services and client/server applications. Enjoys being part of a team who builds great tools using leading edge technologies. This individual understands the concept of testability and will work together with developers and designers, providing input into their work to ensure the final product can be tested efficiently using either manual or automated approaches.
At Questrade Group of Companies, with multiple office locations around the world, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and accessible work environment. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings, and believe that when our teams feel supported and motivated, their creativity becomes a source of innovation. We are also committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and also one which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and operate in to help us revolutionize financial services for the benefit of all of our customers.
- Write test plans and test cases throughout the development lifecycle
- Ensure test plans thoroughly cover all requirements and use cases
- Plan, schedule and perform manual and automated software tests
- Develop automated regression test suites using automated testing tools
- Foster a continuous improvement approach to QA activities
- Review tools implementations and encourage best practices and sound design principles while remaining practical and deadline driven
- Work closely with development to perform early testing on components prior to integration builds
- Assists and actively participates in the communication between local and offshore development and QA teams, ensuring knowledge is shared efficiently
- Manage defect tracking; monitor and report results
- Report QA status, as appropriate, to keep project stakeholders informed on deliverables and timelines
- Train other departments on the use of custom developed tools
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in computer science or related field
- Minimum of 4-7 years’ experience as QA Engineering role
- Knowledge of software development life cycle, methodologies and testing
- Experience with cloud technologies and modern pipelines is an asset
- Solid knowledge of quality assurance techniques, testing concepts, methodologies and tools
- Expert ability to apply quality assurance knowledge to in-depth testing and test plans
- Ability to apply concepts of unit, system, regression, product, integration and acceptance testing
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to investigate and research multiple sources
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communications skills
- Knowledge of Python/Bash is an asset
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies is a very important asset
- Experience in automation testing or coding or backend services is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of trading systems and trading concepts, particularly within the equities realm, is considered an asset
- Experience with testing high performance systems is an asset
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly with any testing tool
- Excellent working knowledge of LINUX/UNIX and WINDOWS environments
- Advanced understanding of automation testing methodologies
- Programming skill is an asset
About Questrade International Inc
For more information, please visit: www.questrade.am.