Under the supervision of the Impact lead assessment staff (Reach Assessment Officer, Agora Senior Assessment Officer, Assessment Specialist), the Database Officer is responsible for the database management and outputs production according to the research cycles taking place in the country for multiple projects (Reach and Agora). He/ she will be responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of a country/ region database for the consolidation of all assessment-related data in a country/ region. He/ she will be based in the Yerevan office with possible field trips.
- Database/ Data Entry Activities: Manage the maintenance of database(s) for the consolidation of all assessment-related and GIS data in the country; ensure adherence to best practices for databases tools and procedures as well as general information management; furthermore, monitor the accuracy of data collected for Reach and Agora projects;
- Technical Support: Contribute towards the identification and implementation of effective and adaptation technical solutions and partnerships; provide technical backstopping of database (data supervision, data cleaning, data processing) to Reach/ Agora teams and support the collection of spatial datasets and integration with ongoing assessment activities;
- External Relations: Respond to information requests from Reach/ Agora and its partners. In order to support the development of joint database tools and processes with Reach/ Agora partners in country, the DB Officer will maintain regular interactions and reporting with key IM partners including cluster lead agencies, UN agencies, NGOs and technical partners. Respond to information requests from Reach partners in country related to data and mapping as well as solicit information from partner organizations to be incorporated into database; furthermore, liaise with these partners to ensure the data is shared with Reach/ Agora assessment team when required;
- Internal Communication Processes: Occasionally liaise with Impact Research Design and Data Unit in Geneva to guarantee a quality product that suits the needs of the field office when required;
- Confidentiality and Data Protection: Maintain the strictest confidentiality of data and processes; actively take measures to prevent the unauthorized sharing of information and data.
- Bachelor's or master's degree or equivalent professional experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Social Sciences, or any relevant discipline;
- Full working proficiency in English language;
- Essential minimum technical qualifications:
a) Excellent command of Microsoft Excel for data processing;
b) Understanding of database structures and data management procedures;
- Desirable technical qualifications:
a) Data processing and analysis experience using R/ Python (Pandas)/ Tableau;
b) Experience in working with state statistics data;
c) Experience with KOBO data collection interfaces;
- 1-2 years of experience in information management, information systems or a related field, preferably in humanitarian or academic context is an asset;
- Presence of any relevant portfolio (GitHub account, web-based dashboard) is a strong asset;
- Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to ever-changing needs and responsibilities;
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills, ability to work independently;
- Ability to learn new concepts/ build technical skills quickly.