Job Type: Full Time (Mon-Fri / 45 hours per week)Job Work Hours: 18:00pm -03:00am (Inlcudes 1 hour lunch break per shift)Job Status: Permanent (Subject to 3 month probabtionary period)
The role of the Route Development Specialist is to be the primary contact between Maurice Ward offices and our overseas partners (Freight Forwarding agents, customs brokers and logistic companies). The ideal candidate will be proactive and is required to build our market position (via both phone & email) by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships with new and existing overseas freight forwarding agents, customs brokers and logistic companies within Central & South America.
In addition, this role requires the ideal candidate to monitor credit control and the payments received; you will be required to pursue late payments when necessary as well as maintaining and updating a database with statistics for all Central & South American agents.
- Accomplish new business development with overseas partners (Freight Forwarding agents, customs brokers and logistics companies) to establish communication programs, planning, monitoring, appraising & providing market info with up-to-date rates whilst offering the full range of Maurice Ward services in a controlled, systematic manner presenting all company unique selling points (USP’s) accordingly.
- Establishing customer-service strategies and resolving problems/disputes between overseas partners within Central & South America and Maurice Ward offices across Europe when required.
- Utilise online information and lists available to develop new relationships with every freight forwarding agent within China.
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking major industries using freight and logistic services and follow up with these to get to RFQ stage.
- Develop and market new products to overseas partners specifically for the Central & South American market.
- Maintain a database which should list agent details, shipments, revenue, no. of quotations we receive, quote conversion rate.
- Credit control, monitoring payments regularly and pursuing overdue payments from freight forwarding agents within Central & South America.
- Applicants must have a post graduate degree or equivalent.
- Excellent English Oral & Written skills.
- Knowledge of Spanish
- Excellent computer skills(MS Office) and proficiency in math.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple deadlines.