Chemonics International, an international development consulting firm, seeks a Rule of Law Specialists (multiple) for USAID's anticipated Rule of Law Project. This activity aims to address judicial reform within courts, relevant self-regulatory agencies, and academic institutions. Assistance envisions to modernize internal case management systems through e-court solutions, improve judiciary's professional and effective court administration skills, promote alternative dispute resolution mechanisms to alleviate court backlog, build the functional capacity of the Supreme Judicial Council (a self-regulatory agency responsible for judicial testing, candidate selection, hiring and disciplining), advance law school education and professional training in specific legal and regulatory areas, and strengthen the legal and regulatory environment through monitoring, communication, and stakeholder collaboration over the life of the activity.
- At least 5-10 years of relevant professional experience in the rule of law sector in Armenia, with subject matter expertise in at least one of the following: court administration, case management, alternative dispute resolution, judicial training, law school education, e-court solutions, and access to justice
- Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in Law or other related relevant field; a master’s degree is preferred
- Significant experience promoting effective, accountable, and accessible justice sector institutions
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with counterparts within municipal and national level justice institutions, municipal governments, central-level agencies, or civil society organizations
- Strong experience in capacity development, training, and mentoring
- In-depth knowledge of rule of law strengthening issues and solutions in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, or other countries transitioning to democracy
- Prior experience with donor-funded development programs is preferred
- Strong analytical skills and ability
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Armenian languages
About Chemonics International Inc
For more information about Chemonics International Inc. please visit: www.chemonics.com.