We are hiring Senior C/C++ Software Engineers for a global Cybersecurity product. As an experienced Software Engineer you will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining existing software products as well as developing new products. The ideal candidate has a strong desire for excellence, regularly takes initiative, works with minimal supervision, confidence in their expertise, collaborative team player and is a creative problem solver.
FORTRA is passionate about making life easier for modern organizations and improving the lives of our customers. As a seven-time Star Tribune Top Workplace we are dedicated to making our employees happy by offering great benefits, fun company culture, and transparency from our leadership team. When working at Fortra you will have the opportunity for an upbeat office environment with A LOT of perks, such as professional development, equity program, employee recognition programs, and more!
Check out our website to learn more about Fortra and apply by visiting our Careers page. We encourage you to check out our Glassdoor page: https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Fortra-EI_IE427503.11,17.htm as well.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software for internal use
- Design and implement major new features and functionality
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation
- Consult with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs
- Work within R&D to improve processes and best practices
- Innovate process solutions
- Align best practices
- Monitor for and sometimes enforcement of standards
- Serve as technical expert on development projects
- Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements
- Diagnose and fix complex product defects within a project or supporting customers
- Work with limited supervision on complex projects
- Latitude for independent judgment
- Assist and mentor less experienced team members
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong working experience, typically 6 or more years of similar experience, preferably a degree in Programming, Computer Science or related IT field
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ development practices
- Networking experience, including strong familiarity with tools such as Wireshark and protocols such as TCP, UDP, SSL/TLS, and HTTP
- Windows development experience
- Experience building distributed and multi-threaded applications in an enterprise production setting. Network programming knowledge
- Working knowledge of the Agile Project development methodology and be able to implement those methodologies in active projects
- Good working knowledge of the relevant programming language requirements for this role and the ability to share that knowledge with team members
- Assist as a project leader from time to time or as a subject matter expert
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written
- Mentoring skills