- Responsible for performance tuning and optimization of production, stage, test, and development operations of database back end systems including monitoring, disaster recovery, security, integrity, stability, and scalability
- Keep abreast of Data Base technologies and provide Designs, guidance and support for other DBA’s in order to build, deploy and support our production, stage, test
and development operations of database back end systems while focusing on monitoring, disaster recovery, security, integrity, stability, and scalability
- Advanced troubleshooting including diagnostics and resolution of issues
- Automate day- to-day management functions
- Communicate issues that arise from day- to-day management functions
- Design or validate designs of custom database systems
- Responsible for code, script, documentation and other artifact generation of custom database systems, including the review of all DB related code
- Mentor and advise on best practices for enterprise data management to the team
- Off hours support including being on call when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 5+ years’ database architecture experience (design) in an MS SQL Server environment.
- Demonstrated record of delivering high quality software products to market.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to be a successful member of a team.
- Intermediate English with ability to improve those skills.
- Experience with distributed application architectures, UNIX platforms, interaction with off–shore development teams.
- Knowledge and application of formal software development processes or methodologies, formal design notations like UML.
- Strong knowledge of Relational DataBase Theory.
- Understanding and development experience with NoSQL environment.
- Exposure to Linux
- PostgreSQL experience
- Leadership skills and team lead experience.
About CQGI MA LLC
For 30 years CQG developed new technologies, offering real-time and historical data integrated with graphics and technical analysis tools. CQGI MA is headquartered in Colorado, where it was founded in 1980. It currently has over 350 employees worldwide i