“Tumo Center for Creative Technologies” is looking for a “Senior Front End Software Engineer (Vue.js)”.
- Write high quality, readable, maintainable code (including unit tests);
- Review other team members' code and ensure adherence to established standards;
- Guide and mentor other team members in best practice for React or Vue.js frameworks;
- Work with the Head of Software Development and the UI/ UX Designer to propose optimal technical solutions to the proposed requirements and designs;
- Ensure all user feedback is integrated into the product development lifecycle;
- All Tumo's engineers are expected to know about, and work with, DevOps tooling (Azure, Docker, Monitoring) - but they will teach, if he/ she doesn't know about it.
- 5 years of strong real world experience in developing Web Applications and at least 3 years of experience in the major web frameworks (React, Vue, Angular)
- Experience in designing and developing reusable front-end components, modules and tools;
- Experience using TypeScript is a big plus;
- Experience in Node.js or ASP.NET Core is a big plus;
- Experience in developing scalable responsive web pages or applications;
- Experience using SQL or MongoDB is a plus;
- Experience in Sass / LESS / Stylus CSS pre-processors is a plus;
- Unit testing experience with Jasmine / Mocha / Chai is desired;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Good analytical skills;
- Experience working in international teams is a plus;
- Familiarity with build tools, e.g. Webpack.
About Tumo Center for Creative Technologies
Tumo is an after-school learning center where teenagers acquire digital media skills free of charge. Thousands of students attend Tumo on a regular basis and participate in its innovative, self-paced program. Its educational framework is based on a proprietary platform that promotes learning through interactive game-like levels, exposing users to increasingly challenging activities. Tumo's educational methodology is based on a large set of self-instructional activities that each of the Center's students assembles into a personal learning plan in the areas of animation, game development, web development and filmmaking. To learn more about the Tumo Center for Creative Technologies, please visit: www.tumo.org