We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our London & New York based Customer’s rapidly growing team, who is leading player in Blockchain industry. As a key member of the engineering team, you will have influence on our product strategy by helping define the product features, refine system architecture, and spearhead best practices that enable a high quality product. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
This is the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, small, and flat organization responsible for developing our industry leading products from design to production, as well as overseeing multiple projects from end-to-end. This role will be reporting to the engineering manager in the London office. If you’re looking for an opportunity to directly see your work impact the business and the future of finance, then this is the job for you! We welcome diverse engineering backgrounds and are able to offer highly interesting challenges across all our teams.
What you will do:
- Senior Engineers contribute to more than our product – they build up our team. Through a combination of mentoring, technical leadership, and/or direct management of smaller teams, they make others better and raise the bar for all around them.
- You will produce a work output by taking a complex user story, breaking it down into sub-tasks, and completing the sub-tasks with relative ease – own design, coding, testing all the way through deployment of each of those sub-tasks.
- You will strike the right balance between fixing the problem at hand and focusing on finding the root of the problem. For example, if it’s a production issue the priority is to fix the immediate problem and collect all the data necessary for root cause analysis. In a non-production environment, the focus should be on finding the root cause and fixing it the right way to make sure the problem doesn’t occur again.
What you need to have:
- You are an experienced engineer who is master of at least one domain. This could be a functional domain like Securities or Precious Metals or a technical domain like Distributed Systems, Cryptography, Databases, AWS, etc. Kotlin is a big plus
- You demonstrate a solid understanding of core engineering concepts. Strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms
- You can understand and articulate the design and architecture of the entire system.
- You are eager to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- You feel comfortable working in a tech-driven environment with the ability to coordinate across several stakeholder groups (Engineering, Operations, Marketing, HR, etc.)
- You are driven to learn new technologies