The main duty of QA Senior Engineer is automation and improvement of software testing process.
- Improve existing test framework system (applications, modules):
- Quickly understand the tested feature (mathematical model, parameters, etc.);
- Work in contact with developers and decide how to achieve maximum coverage, work out corner cases of the tested feature;
- Develop test plans;
- Develop functional and feature regression tests and test suites:
- Manage testing projects (assign tasks to project engineers, prepare time tables, documentation, etc.);
- Look through the results of test runs, inspect the reasons for failed tests and fix them;
- Look through testing tools' logs, understand the reasons for crashes and errors;
- Develop test plans and manage job assignments.
- At least 3 years of working experience in software testing area;
- BS/ MS/ PhD in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science;
- Good knowledge of Electronics, IC design;
- Good background of layout, schematic, verification EDA tools;
- High scripting/ coding skills (knowledge of TCL, Python, Perl is a plus);
- Ability to study quickly new scripting languages;
- Search and understand documentation about domain, software tools, etc.;
- Experience of working in UNIX environment:
- Good knowledge of UNIX shell scripting;
- Basic knowledge about grid engines;
- Knowledge and experience of working with software testing tools:
- Memory and cache testing tools (purify, valgrind, etc.);
- Code coverage analyzers (Numega, gcov,Pure coverage, etc.);
- GUI testing tools (Rational Robot, Squish, etc.);
- Basic knowledge about design data formats (LEF, DEF, GDSII, Open Access).
About Mentor Graphics Development Services CJSC
Mentor Graphics Development Services CJSC is a subsidiary of Mentor Graphics Corporation, USA, a provider of electronic design automation (EDA) software.