Questrade International is looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to provide expertise in the area of QA activities for applications developed by the Questrade Technology Group (QTG), with particular focus on the trading platform, Microservices and high volume data flow and transactions. The incumbent will be allocated as part of a team following agile methodologies such as SCRUM.
- Write test plans and test cases throughout the development lifecycle;
- Ensure test plans thoroughly cover all requirements and use cases;
- Plan, schedule and perform manual and automated software tests;
- Develop automated regression test suites using automated testing tools;
- Foster a continuous improvement approach to QA activities;
- Review tools implementations and encourage best practices and sound design principles while remaining practical and deadline driven;
- Work closely with development to perform early testing on components prior to integration builds;
- Assist and actively participate in the communication between local and offshore development and QA teams, ensuring knowledge is shared efficiently;
- Manage defect tracking; monitor and report results;
- Report QA status, as appropriate, to keep project stakeholders informed on deliverables and timelines;
- Train other departments on the use of custom developed tools;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field;
- 5-10 years of experience in QA Engineering role;
- Knowledge of software development life cycle, methodologies and testing;
- Experience with cloud technologies and modern pipelines is an asset;
- Solid knowledge of quality assurance techniques, testing concepts, methodologies and tools;
- Expert ability to apply quality assurance knowledge to in-depth testing and test plans;.
- Ability to apply concepts of unit, system, regression, product, integration and acceptance testing;
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to investigate and research multiple sources;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/ written communications skills;
- Knowledge of Python/ Bash is an asset;
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies is a very important asset;
- Experience in automation testing or coding or backend services is an asset;
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases;
- Knowledge of trading systems and trading concepts, particularly within the equities realm, is considered an asset;
- Experience with testing high performance systems is an asset;
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly with any testing tool;
- Excellent working knowledge of Linux/ Unix and Windows environments;
- Advanced understanding of automation testing methodologies;
- Programming skill is an asset.
About Questrade International Inc
For more information, please visit: www.questrade.am.