What we offer:
– Dynamic work without routine in a leading international company
– Competitive compensation package, which may include annual bonuses and salary increases
– Healthy work-life balance support (flexible start time, parental leave, sabbatical after 5 years of service etc.)
– Possibility for business trips to the US and other countries
– Regular team building, competitions and corporate events
– Monthly team lunches
– Medical insurance
– Life insurance
– Support program for employees and their relatives on psychological, legal, and financial issues
– Parental leave program for secondary care givers
– Culture of continuous learning: certification, online and offline training in Armenia and abroad, English classes, mentoring in professional development
– Fruits & snacks in the office
– Relocation package in certain cases
Position based in Yerevan, Armenia.
WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
Research is at the core of WorldQuant. Through meticulous exploration and unconstrained thinking about how to apply data to the financial markets, our researchers are in constant search of new alphas. We strive to understand data in ways our competitors don’t believe is possible. Researchers at WorldQuant employ tested processes seeking to identify high-quality predictive signals that we believe are undiscovered by the wider market. These signals are mathematical expressions of data that are used as inputs in our quantitative models.
WorldQuant’s success is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement. That’s a key ingredient in remaining a leader in any industry.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
- Building algorithmic, computer-driven models
- Conducting research on academic quantitative finance literature
- Exploring new data
- Applying an alignment of innovative methods in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science and Financial Economics
- Proven 3 years experience in quantitative equity research (buy side or sell side)
- Background in working with large data sets
- Degree from a top university in a highly analytical/quantitative field, such as: Mathematics, Finance or Economics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or similar
- Research mind-set: be a problem solver, creative, steadfast, smart, a self-starter, etc.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Critical thinking and ability to come up with non-standard approaches
- Solid programming skills (C++ and Python)
- Good knowledge of English (both oral and written)
- Strong work ethic Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with corporate actions data
- Familiarity with equity index basics
- International or regional Mathematical/Programming/Physics Olympiad medals
- Strong record of academic achievement (PhD, scientific publications, conference presentations, grants or awards)
- Knowledge of financial economics, including but not limited to portfolio theory, asset pricing, corporate finance, derivatives, etc.