“Questrade International Inc” is looking for a “Senior Software Engineer”.
What’s it like working as a Senior Software Engineer at Questrade?
- Be a forward-thinking technologist who is continuously researching new approaches to problems and discussing them with others in a productive manner, in a community of practice setting.
- Be actively involved in designing new application features and functionality, improving scalability and maintainability.
- Support and expertise for a complex and hybrid (cloud and on-premises) infrastructure environment; evaluation (with recommendations) to enable proper operability of applications on both infrastructure and software levels.
- Meet regularly and interact productively with a diverse team of business stakeholders, user interface and experience designers, architects, engineers as needed to elicit, define, analyze and document requirements and principles for new applications.
- Support less experienced team members in defining technical requirements to facilitate design, development, testing, implementation and ongoing support of applications within the team.
- Provide coaching to other team members to assist them with technical challenges and assignments.
- Ensure timely escalation of issues that are blocking oneself or the team.
- Help the team support applications built in production, addressing issues in a timely fashion, respecting agreed upon service level objectives.
- Contribute to defining and implementing best practices, standards and procedures including quality and delivery methodologies.
- Comply with the documented software processes and procedures throughout the life cycle of software products.
- Solicit and participate in code reviews and unit testing practices.
- If there is need, participate in research and proof of concepts, ensuring the value is documented and socialized.
- Share knowledge and lessons learned with others in the organization.
- Apply significant knowledge of the technology industry trends to help Questrade to improve and build innovative products.
- Assist with the technical screening of new team members joining engineering teams.
So are YOU our next Senior Software Engineer? You are if you have …
- Degree, diploma or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Software Engineering
- Digital financial services experience preferred.
- Exposure to the full software development life cycle, ideally including design, configuration, integration, testing and support including, but not limited to, gathering requirements, designing the future state solution, the development work breakdown, as well as supporting quality assurance and post-production efforts.
Preferred technical stack:
- Frameworks: NodeJS, NestJS, Google Protobuf
- Data: Google Cloud SQL, Redis Cache
- Streaming: Google Pub/Sub.
- Infrastructure: Google Kubernetes Engine, and other Google Cloud Platform components.
- Tools: Gitlab, Jira, preferably automated CI/CD.
About Questrade International Inc
For more information, please visit: www.questrade.am.