The overall purpose of this project is to contract one qualified professional for the position of Coordinator for Partner Cities and Project Management - Deputy Team Leader
The Expert will be part of the management team for the project ‘Capital Cities Collaborating on Common Challenges in Hazardous Waste Management – Yerevan, Warsaw, Tirana’ (hereinafter: the Project) and will contribute to its sound management and implementation, in accordance with the grant contract and its annexes, notably the Description of the Action.
The Coordinator for Partner Cities and Project Management – Deputy Team Leader will ensure the coordinated involvement and harmonized interaction of the three Partner Cities - Yerevan, Warsaw and Tirana – and facilitate the participation of relevant Armenian stakeholders, as required by the project activities. This will be conducive to efficient management and effective cooperation throughout all the implementation period. In particular, he/she will:
- Network and operate communication channels among the Partners Cities, ensuring that constant information flows are maintained and stimulating the partners’ active involvement in project implementation;
- Organize periodic ‘partner meetings’, as well as other coordination meetings with Partner Cities;
- Supervise and facilitate the coordinated and consistent execution of capacity building actions, awareness raising actions, as well as of any other activity to be jointly implemented by partners;
- Assist and facilitate project-level communication, the acquisition and sharing of information, the identification of lessons learned as well as project-level monitoring;
- Network, involve and coordinate local (Armenian) stakeholders, as required.
Furthermore, under the supervision of the project Team Leader, the Coordinator will directly contribute to the sound and efficient management of the Action. Whenever the need arises, he/she may substitute the Team Leader, in his/her capacity of Deputy Team Leader.
In performing his/her tasks the Coordinator will respond to the Action’s Team Leader. He/she will operate in collaboration with other Team Members, as the activities require.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in economics, law, social sciences, or equivalent.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Certification as project management professional is an asset.
General professional experience
- At least 8 years of general professional experience.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in socio-economic development.
Specific professional experience
- At least 3 years of professional experience in managerial roles such as: director/deputy director, team leader / deputy team leader, project director/ coordinator or equivalent positions (as employee/consultant/service provider). At least 1 year of experience must be gained in the last 3 years - from July 2017 to June 2020.
- Experience in supporting regional development/local development, in at least 1 project financed by EU or other international donors.
- Experience in partnership establishment and/or management/facilitation and/or in stakeholders’ networking/coordination gained in at least 1 project/assignment.
- Experience as Team Leader / Deputy Team Leader/ Project Coordinator in a EU-funded project is an asset.
- Experience in assessment of institutional capacity and/or delivery of capacity building actions is an asset.
- Experience in organization of conferences, workshops and other events is an asset.
Note that only professional experience after obtaining the University degree will be considered.