The overall purpose of this project is to contract one qualified professional for the position of Specialist in Capacity Building. The Expert will be part of the management team for the project ‘Capital Cities Collaborating on Common Challenges in Hazardous Waste Management – Yerevan, Warsaw, Tirana’ (hereinafter: the Project) and will contribute to its sound management and implementation, in accordance with the grant contract and its annexes, notably the Description of the Action.
The Specialist in Capacity Building shall be primarily responsible for the capacity building (CB) measures’ coordination and methodological soundness. He/she has the following tasks:
- Accurately planning CB measures as envisaged in the Description of the Action and undertaking all preparatory actions and logistic arrangements conducive to CB timely organization and effective delivery;
- Coordinating and constantly supervising the CB actions’ implementation to ensure they are smoothly delivered according to high-quality standards;
- Collecting and disseminating relevant data as appropriate.
The Expert will work under the direction of the Team Leader and in collaboration with other Project Team Members, including those operating in the 2 Partner Cities – Warsaw and Tirana - as the above-mentioned activities require.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in social sciences or linguistics.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent command of written and spoken Russian.
- Proficient computer skills.
General professional experience
- At least 3 years of general professional experience.
- At least 1 year of work experience in EU-funded projects.
Specific professional experience
- At least 1 year of professional experience in supporting EU-funded grant implementation / monitoring.
- At least 1 years of experience in organization and logistics of training / seminars / consultations and other capacity building actions.
- At least 1 year of professional experience in procurement preparation and implementation.
- Operational knowledge of EU Practical Guide is an asset.
- Practical experience in monitoring and data analysis is an asset.
Note that only professional experience after obtaining the University degree will be considered.