The overall purpose of this project is to contract one qualified professional for the position of Specialist in Relations Management and Translator/Interpreter. The Expert will be part of the management team for the project ‘Capital Cities Collaborating on Common Challenges in Hazardous Waste Management – Yerevan, Warsaw, Tirana’ (hereinafter: the Project) and will contribute to its sound management and implementation, in accordance with the grant contract and its annexes, notably the Description of the Action.
The Specialist in Relations Management and Translator/Interpreter shall perform the following tasks:
- Establishment and maintenance of stakeholders’ database;
- Management of relations and communication with the Action’s stakeholders.
Furthermore, the Specialist may provide consecutive interpretation services with the occasion of meetings, training and other events, and translate documents. Interpretation / translation shall be executed from English to Armenian and the vice versa.
In performing his/her tasks the Specialist will work under the direction of the Team Leader and in collaboration with other Project Team Members including those operating in the 2 Partner Cities – Warsaw and Tirana - as the activities require.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in social sciences or linguistics.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Excellent command of written and spoken Russian
- Proficient computer skills
General professional experience
- At least 3 years of general professional experience.
- At least 1 year of work experience in EU-funded projects.
Specific professional experience
- At least 1 year of professional experience in translation and/or interpretation (Armenian/English/Armenian), preferably in the framework of projects financed by EU or other donors
- At least 1 year of experience in database management and/or data collection and maintenance.
- At least 1 years of experience in organization and logistics of meetings / training/ events
- Experience in management of relations with public and/or stakeholders and/or customer support is an asset.
- Experience in procurement preparation and implementation under PRAG is an asset.
Note that only professional experience after obtaining the University degree will be considered.