“Tumo Center for Creative Technologies” is looking for a “Software Developer”.
- Write various interactive, gamified JS applications as a plugin for TUMO content management system (CMS).
- Write high quality, readable, maintainable code (including unit tests).
- Work with the Software Engineering team to propose optimal technical solutions to the proposed requirements and designs.
- Ensure all user feedback is integrated into the product development lifecycle.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 5 years of strong real world experience in developing Web Applications and at least 3 years of experience in game or interactive applications development.
- Experience in designing and developing reusable front-end components, modules and tools.
- Experience using TypeScript is a big plus.
- Experience in JS frameworks is a big plus.
- Experience in Sass / LESS / Stylus CSS pre-processors is a plus.
- Unit testing experience with Jasmine / Mocha / Chai is desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Experience working in international teams is a plus.
About Tumo Center for Creative Technologies
Tumo is an after-school learning center where teenagers acquire digital media skills free of charge. Thousands of students attend Tumo on a regular basis and participate in its innovative, self-paced program. Its educational framework is based on a proprietary platform that promotes learning through interactive game-like levels, exposing users to increasingly challenging activities. Tumo's educational methodology is based on a large set of self-instructional activities that each of the Center's students assembles into a personal learning plan in the areas of animation, game development, web development and filmmaking. To learn more about the Tumo Center for Creative Technologies, please visit: www.tumo.org