The biggest asset of Optym is the highly skilled team and the spirit of excellence and innovation. At Optym, we enjoy a friendly and collaborative environment that embraces diversity and encourages achievements.
As an Engineering Team Lead you will be working on one of our products, which are being developed for global transportation and logistics companies such as LATAM, easyJet, Southwest Airlines. In this role, you should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills.
Your goal will be to lead and manage one or multiple teams of software engineers, help the engineers design and implement business requirements with high quality.
Effective communication skills are key for this role as you will be collaborating with our international teams and sometimes with the customers.
We expect you to be flexible in learning and applying different programming languages and technologies, as well as constantly update your technical knowledge and skills. Knowledge of NoSQL technologies (MongoDB), real-time communication (SignalR), containers and orchestration (Kubernetes) and messaging technologies (RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ) will be an asset.
This role will require up to 25% of coding and code review time based on the team size.
If you are excited by solving complex problems and starting your career with an innovative tech company, we’d love to hear from you!
- Lead, guide, motivate and grow software engineers.
- Actively participate in software and database design processes.
- Enhance existing programs by identifying areas for improvement.
- Participate in code reviews and defining review strategies.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Proactively monitor software application performance and provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues.
- Organize and execute high quality coding and validation standards throughout the development cycle.
- Work with other teams to solve the dependencies and to organize an effective planning
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, more than 5 years of experience in a technical role and more than 2 years in a lead role.
- Solid organizational and leadership skills.
- Solid communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of one of the mainstream programming languages.
- Knowledge of OOP, OOD, Clean architecture with DDD.
- Familiarity with design and architectural patterns.
- Working experience with relational and non-relational databases.
- Familiarity with algorithms, ability to estimate algorithm complexity.
- Familiarity with data structures.
- Experience to perform technical design and development of apps and features from the scratch.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good English language skills including reading, writing, and speaking.
Additional required soft skills:
- Interdisciplinary skills– Because the team is often given a wide range of tasks like supporting, planning, and recommending changes, you must have the confidence to apply skills to multiple types of tasks in different ways.
- Flexible mindset - It's common for an in-house project to change direction quickly and frequently. You should always be open and adaptive to changing project conditions.
- Ability to think globally – Important because of how diverse our company is, you should be able to see the bigger picture and grow yourself and your team.
- Desire to expand your skills – As we have a culture of learning, you should be willing to expand your knowledge and skills.
- Ability to properly negotiate – You should be able to present and pull for impactful, key ideas with multiple stakeholders without being aggressive.
- Experience working with clients - When we work with our engineers, it's like working with a client. You should always strive to treat them better than they expect.
- Team Player - When things go wrong, do you close off and handle it solo? Or do you rally your team to work together to find a solution? You should be able to work both individually and collaboratively, delegating when necessary and supporting the growth of your team.
About OPTYM Armenia LLC
OPTYM Armenia head office is based in Florida, USA. Our main specialization is developing and licensing large-scale computer models and software to help transportation industry managers analyze and solve complex network problems. We are expert in optimiz