The overall purpose of this project is to contract one qualified professional for the position of Specialist in M&E and Translator/Interpreter. The Expert will be part of the management team for the project ‘Capital Cities Collaborating on Common Challenges in Hazardous Waste Management – Yerevan, Warsaw, Tirana’ (hereinafter: the Project) and will contribute to its sound management and implementation, in accordance with the grant contract and its annexes, notably the Description of the Action.
The Specialist in M&E and Translator/Interpreter shall support the project Team Leader in on-going monitoring and evaluation of the Action, by performing the following tasks:
- Data collection on the Action’s physical and financial progress and periodic project’s database maintenance/updating;
- Support to preparation of information materials, as per Team Leader’s instructions;
- Support to the Action’s final internal and external evaluation.
Furthermore, the Specialist may provide consecutive interpretation services with the occasion of meetings, training and other events, and translate documents. Interpretation / translation shall be executed from English to Armenian and the vice versa.
In performing his/her tasks the Specialist will work under the direction of the Team Leader and in collaboration with other Project Team Members, as the activities require.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in social sciences or linguistics.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Excellent command of written and spoken Russian
- Proficient computer skills
General professional experience
- At least 3 years of general professional experience.
- At least 1 year of work experience in EU-funded projects.
Specific professional experience
- At least 1 year of professional experience in translation and/or interpretation (Armenian/English/Armenian), preferably in the framework of projects financed by EU or other donors.
- At least 1 year of experience in data research and/or collection and/or analysis.
- At least 1 year of professional experience in financial planning / monitoring / forecasting is an asset.
- At least 1 years of experience in supporting organization and logistics of meetings / training/ other events.
- Experience in preparation of communication / information materials is an asset.
- Professional experience in procurement preparation and implementation under PRAG is an asset.
Note that only professional experience after obtaining the University degree will be considered.