As a Staff Accountant at SADA GDC, you will be responsible for maintaining and reconciling the related general ledger accounts and performing financial analysis. Staff Accountant will support various aspects of the accounting function, particularly in preparing monthly journal entries, account reconciliations, account analysis, financial reporting, data analysis and responding to business-wide ad hoc requests. This is a key role within the Accounting team and provides a great opportunity for professional growth.
The ideal candidate has excellent business judgment, thrives in a fast pace, high growth company environment, and demonstrates excellent communication skills at all levels. This role will be supporting SADA’s US based Finance team. This role reports to the Accounting Manager.
Pathway to Success
Your success starts by positively impacting the direction of a fast growing practice with vision and passion. Moreover, success will come from showcasing our core values in action.
#BeOneStepAhead: The candidate will be working with large volumes and varied types of orders and quotes on a daily basis and will always need to be thinking ahead in order to manage the details effectively and thrive in a changing environment.
Customer Facing – You will interact with customers on a regular basis, sometimes daily, other times weekly/bi-weekly.
Training – Ongoing with first-week orientation followed by a 90-day onboarding schedule. Details of the timeline can be shared.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Conduct data entry of accounting entries into the system and ensure data integrity
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards. Post any adjustments in the system to resolve the discrepancies where necessary
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations
- Review and reconcile AR and AP transaction discrepancies
- Address and respond to vendor inquiries
- Assist with month-end closing process
- Prepare bank account reconciliations in a timely manner
- Perform reconciliation of accounts according to an agreed schedule and Ensure all transactions are accounted for in accordance with U.S. GAAP and company policy and procedures
- Analyze expenses, including comparisons to forecast results and trended results
- Ensure controls are maintained within the Accounting department
- Identify and implement ongoing process improvements and policies and procedures compliance and improvement
- Perform miscellaneous accounting tasks and any other tasks assigned by immediate superior
- Correspond with other departments to ensure proper accounting for revenue and expenses This role is best suited for someone who is cool under pressure, highly organized, process-driven, and a critical thinker.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Statistics or related quantitative field with an emphasis in Accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in Accounting roles
- Strong understanding of financial reporting & generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and/or International
- Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Intermediate to advanced level excel and established experience with vlookup, pivot tables, IF/IS formulas
- Proficient in analyzing financial issues and making logical recommendations based on findings
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Energetic, personable, and comfortable working under tight deadlines
- Independent and self-motivated, yet willing to work within a team environment
- Not afraid to work fast and ask lots of questions
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- English language proficiency Useful Qualifications:
- Master’s degree preferred
- Netsuite Experience
- High computer application literacy including ERP systems
- Ability to learn multiple customer portals
- Understanding of sales tax procedures