- In compliance with supply chain rules and procedures, support the related supply activities to facilitate UNHCR end to end processes resulting in a timely and quality delivery of goods and services to persons of concern;
- Prepare plans for delivery of relief and other non-food items according to the operational needs and regularly update the information in UNHCR IT systems;
- Apply UNHCR's sourcing and procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services. Update the information in UNHCR IT systems. Ensure timely customs clearance of consignments;
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on supply activities and provide timely reports and updates both periodically and on request;
- Evaluate purchase requisitions to ensure that specifications, delivery dates and all other requirements are in order;
- Draft and dispatch quotation requests and/ or tenders, and assist in the evaluation of offers and draft bid-tabulations, prepare proposals for award of contracts to the Committee on Contracts;
- Prepare Purchase Orders and send confirmations, requests for inspection and other correspondence, and monitor the manufacture/ transport of ordered goods to ensure timely delivery;
- Provide guidance and advice on UNHCR procurement policies and procedures to support and assist requesting operations, HQ entities and others, as applicable;
- Provide asset management reports, customised reports, and gathers information on all assets and provides in-depth reports periodically and when requested;
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of supply chain related data in relevant business systems. Compile and analyse statistical information, identify trends and developments in supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making;
- Disseminate and promote UNHCR's global policies, standards and guidance on supply chain management.
In the Regional Bureaux:
- Track the progress of specific operations and provide guidance that ensures timely implementation;
- Assist in coaching and advising individuals as requested;
- Track global Supply KPIs for the region and assist in devising regional ones, as required;
- Monitor all periodic Supply exercises such as monthly reconciliation, quarterly physical inventory exercises, and year-end accounts closure procedures and ensure that they are implemented throughout the region and provide relevant reports to senior managers;
- Assist country operations in MSRP management;
- Support the analysis of country financial reports and work with the Country Operations Supply Team leaders to address red areas relating to Supply aspects of operations;
- Support the country needs assessment plans and assist in combining them into regional procurement plans and monitor their timely implementation and changes based on operational needs;
- Support the work of the Regional Contracts Committee (RCC) through e.g. compiling and checking documents for RCC meetings, taking minutes, communicating decisions.
In the Country Operations:
- Ensure local liaison with partners to effectively support the supply activities;
- Manage storage of goods according to "best practices" and UNHCR rules and regulations;
- Coordinate supply activities of UNHCR Partners and/or contractors performing supply related activities, and ensure that they understand and adhere to relevant UNHCR rules and procedures;
- Implement effective asset and fleet management that regularly monitors the asset/ fleet pool, saves cost and safeguards the investment of the organisation including receipt, inspection, registration and marking of new Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE), organisation of the physical verification of PPE, ensure that PPE agreements are properly issued and signed, and preparation of disposal forms and cases for the Asset Management Board, and organise the disposal of PPE according to Asset Management Board decisions;
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- 3 years of relevant experience with high school diploma; or 2 years of relevant work experience with bachelor's degree or equivalent or higher;
- Certificates and/ or licenses in Trade, Business Administration,
Economics, Marketin; or a related field;
- Other UN procurement and logistics training, such as IAPSO and UNPD is desirable;
- For General Service jobs: knowledge of English and/ or UN working language of the duty station if not English language.
- IT: Computer literacy (MS Office and PeopleSoft/ MSRP);
- IT: PeopleSoft Supply Chain Management;
- SC - Supply Chain Management;
- SC - Planning;
- SC - Procurement;
- SC - Customs formalities;
- SC - Logistics;
- SC - Warehouse Management;
- SC - Asset and Fleet Management.
- Organizational awareness;
- Teamwork and collaboration;
- Commitment to continuous learning;
- Client and result orientation.
- Analytical thinking;
- Planning and organizing skills.