System administrator responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems and servers.
They install hardware and software, and participate in research and development to continuously improve and keep up with the IT business needs of their organization.
System administrators also actively resolve problems and issues with computer and server systems to limit work disruptions within the company.
- Installing and configuring hardware and software, networks and integrate automation processes
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, virtualization and cloud servers
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and solutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft
- Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus