- Technical support for staff and students’ day-to-day needs in implementing Tumo’s educational programs (individual students, coaches, workshops and learning lab requests, other teams, and offices), including moving, setting up and servicing of computers and other equipment, software setup, basic research on how to fulfill specific requests. Inform supervisor of non-basic requests and follow his lead on how to fulfill them.
- Assist in managing the inventory entrusted to the IT team, keeping the inventory organized, and the database of equipment up to date in cooperation with the IT inventory manager.
- Take reservations for checkout and check-in of equipment requested by students and staff, including for workshops and learning labs in all centers; assist inventory manager in scheduling equipment distribution to all centers; check out equipment to students and staff and provide directions on use.
- Check in equipment returned by students and staff and inspect and report equipment needing repair and maintenance.
- Provide information to supervisor regarding late returns of equipment, missing items, and repeat offenders of the equipment fair use policy.
- Troubleshoot equipment, provide general maintenance and recommend equipment for repair.
- Recommend purchase of parts and equipment to supervisor and superiors.
- Assist in providing technical support for events, tours, presentations, and workshops on the setup and use of audio and video equipment; coordinate lighting with the relevant team.
- Assist with other logistical needs for events, tours, and presentations.
- Maintain a regular log of requests and their fulfillment.
- Follow established policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by superiors.
- University Degree related to IT or an affiliated field.
- A minimum of one-year work experience in IT support or a related field.
- Good knowledge of computer hardware diagnosis and maintenance, including desktops, laptops, printers, projectors, and other peripherals.
- Basic knowledge of Windows Server, Windows AD, networking concepts and devices.
- Experience with Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
- Experience in troubleshooting software problems and application support;
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work late and weekend shifts.
- Ability to lift and carry items up to 15 kilos and to bend to check cables and devices under tables or in the floor.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member.
- Knowledge of Armenian and English languages.
- Willingness to learn.
About Tumo Center for Creative Technologies
Tumo is an after-school learning center where teenagers acquire digital media skills free of charge. Thousands of students attend Tumo on a regular basis and participate in its innovative, self-paced program. Its educational framework is based on a proprietary platform that promotes learning through interactive game-like levels, exposing users to increasingly challenging activities. Tumo's educational methodology is based on a large set of self-instructional activities that each of the Center's students assembles into a personal learning plan in the areas of animation, game development, web development and filmmaking. To learn more about the Tumo Center for Creative Technologies, please visit: www.tumo.org