The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI), a leading USAID implementer of programs that promote justice, economic opportunity and human dignity through the rule of law is seeking a Technical Team Leader – Clinical Legal Education to serve on a USAID-funded Rule of Law program in Armenia to help the Government of Armenia reform justice sector institutions through: a) Establishing effective and efficient court administration and case management system; b) Supporting self-regulatory institutional capacity development; c) Improving legal and professional education.
Primary roles and responsibilities of the Technical Team Leader-Clinical Legal Education are:
- Lead technical oversight, partner coordination, and implementation of activities on both national and regional levels related to legal education and clinical legal education programs at Yerevan State and other universities in Armenia;
- Work directly with short-term technical experts and pro bono legal experts to design workshops, course curricula, training agenda and materials, public awareness and advocacy campaign materials, etc;
- Prepare and organize meetings with partner organizations;
- Contribute to drafting of annual work plans;
- Draft progress reports.
- Experience in rule of law, justice sector, or legal education programming;
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Law or a relevant field;
- Legal education curriculum design and training experience;
- Experience working on clinical legal education programs;
- Prior experience working with USAID or other donor-funded projects;
- Experience planning training events, developing resource materials, etc.;
- Skills in program monitoring and reporting.