The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI), a leading USAID implementer of programs that promote justice, economic opportunity and human dignity through the rule of law is seeking a Technical Team Leader – Rule of Law to serve on a USAID-funded Rule of Law program in Armenia to help the Government of Armenia reform justice sector institutions through: a) Establishing effective and efficient court administration and case management system; b) Supporting self-regulatory institutional capacity development; c) Improving legal and professional education.
Primary roles and responsibilities of the Technical Team Leader - Rule of Law are:
- Lead technical oversight, partner coordination, and implementation of activities on both national and regional levels related to strengthening the rule of law in Armenia;
- Work directly with short-term technical experts and pro bono legal experts to design workshops, course curricula, training agenda and materials, public awareness and advocacy campaign materials, etc;
- Prepare and organize meetings with partner organizations;
- Contribute to drafting of annual work plans;
- Draft progress reports.
- Knowledge of public policy and/ or rule of law development principles and approaches;
- Master's degree in Law or a relevant field;
- At least 3 years of Rule of Law or Justice Sector programming experience;
- Prior experience working with USAID or other donor-funded projects;
- Experience planning training events, developing resource materials, etc.;
- Skills in program monitoring and reporting.