Questrade International is looking for a Technical Writer to provide and support documentation for multiple areas such as solution architecture, API design and software engineering. The ideal candidate has a proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering. The Technical Writer reports to Senior Manager, Software Engineering.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to document new builds, including proprietary software, products, and services. This could include the development, writing and organizational logic for product manuals, installation guides, trouble-shooting documents, FAQs and help topics;
- Write content (from notes to full-length documentation) for "how to" examples, presentations, release notes, software diagrams;
- Responsible for ownership of content over the full development life-cycle;
- Identify and recommend steps to resolve documentation and/ or process issues; this can include suggestions for improvements to systems;
- Work closely with the solution architecture and software development team to ensure the software documentation is understandable and complete;
- Review current technical materials, then analyze and copy-edit for readability, accuracy, and efficacy;
- Review API documentations and identify gaps of information;
- Maintain up-to-dated documentation for different projects.
- Degree, diploma and/ or at least 3 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in technical writing, specifically in the financial services industry and/ or documenting finance-related software;
- Experience in creating Software architecture diagrams, Block, sequence and UML diagrams;
- Experience or familiarity with distributed systems architecture concepts;
- Experience or familiarity with cloud providers (GCP, AWS, Azure);
- Knowledge of technical analysis tools;
- Knowledge of technical aspects of financial market operations;
- Impeccable grammar, writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact effectively with project stakeholders;
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Excellent time-management and organizational abilities that facilitate structured teamwork;
- Reliable self-starter with attention to detail and enthusiasm for quality;
- Ability to write clearly in English language about complex topics (samples required).
About Questrade International Inc
For more information, please visit: www.questrade.am.