The Territory Sales Channel Manager is responsible for the development and growth of NI Sales and Market Share through distribution and other channels in the region. By optimizing our channel coverage, aligned to our Core Strategic Vision and new operating model, Indirect Sales Channel will drive growth, expand markets’ reach, and increase the value, delivered to customers and NI.
In order to succeed in this role, you need to take full ownership and accountability for achieving sales objectives through effectively managing an assigned Territory; sustain healthy relationships with channel partners to develop a high performing partner network and motivating and gaining distribution partner’s mindshare. Also, maintaining a regular channel management cadence: annual collaboration to create the joint business & marketing plan; monthly business reviews to evaluate plan progress; weekly alignment meetings to manage the pipeline; and timely forecast reviews to ensure updated and accurate forecasting. In addition, to developing a Result-Objectives-Actions (ROA) plan that help the channel partner meets its business plan objective.
What you get to do with our team
1) Owning the business
- Grow territory and account through strategizing and growth of selected Distribution Channel Partners
- Work with Corporate Channel Manager to grow their opportunity pipeline in conjunction with NI
- Coordinating activities between the two companies while identifying and pursuing sales growth & joint sales opportunities for large accounts or key/influence opportunities
- Maintain and manage overall territory distributor forecast
- Drive focused demand generation initiatives and activities with the Channel Partner
- Set shared goals and objectives with your Channel Partner
2) Develop & Manage the channel partner
- Ability to identify biggest gaps and develop plans to close them in order to help our distributors be more effective.
- Quarterly and annual business review
- Drive consistent opportunity and pipeline management
- Contribute to the overall regional forecast
3) Driving alignment with NI
- Manage channel conflict where needed
- Influence the channel partner strategy and drive strong alignment with NI, actively know and communicate with all partner reps within territory
- Making sure the channel partner is receiving the NI support/service required to make customers successful
- Create self sufficiency
- Help Channel partners develop their Business and Marketing plans to penetrate new markets for NI
- Work to raise system level issues to Corporate Partner Manager
- Demonstrating inclusive behavior in building relationships and understanding the value of Diversity
This is why you are a Territory Sales Channel Manager
- Have Bachelor’s or higher degree with major in Engineering
- Have an experience in account and territory management
- Have strong business acumen skills with a technical understanding
- Passionate about helping, mentoring and coaching others.
- Able to create demand and refer leads.
- Able to build knowledge in their Channel Partner’s competencies, company and industry
- Have knowledge and experience of working with Channel Partners
- Have experience in managing a team of sellers
- Have previous experience as a Sales Manager