“Tumo Center for Creative Technologies” is looking for a “Translator/Editor/English/Armenian to French”.
- Translate educational material developed for self-learning and workshop texts from English and Armenian.
- Edit and maintain the same linguistic approach across all materials, taking into account the target audience
- Provide suggestions on text edits and improvements to the existing material to make it more accessible for the target audience.
- Participate in script writing process for video material, including voice-over and talking head videos.
- Provide any edits or updates to the texts of self-learning activities within TUMO’s software.
- Apply any changes to the texts of workshop material maintaining the overall form and style in workshop slides.
- Perform as a voiceover or talking head actor upon necessity (optional).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in French.
- Previous experience in Armenian/English to French translation.
- Previous experience in translations, experience with voiceovers are a plus.
- Experience in translating educational content or related materials.
About Tumo Center for Creative Technologies
Tumo is an after-school learning center where teenagers acquire digital media skills free of charge. Thousands of students attend Tumo on a regular basis and participate in its innovative, self-paced program. Its educational framework is based on a proprietary platform that promotes learning through interactive game-like levels, exposing users to increasingly challenging activities. Tumo's educational methodology is based on a large set of self-instructional activities that each of the Center's students assembles into a personal learning plan in the areas of animation, game development, web development and filmmaking. To learn more about the Tumo Center for Creative Technologies, please visit: www.tumo.org