General Duties & Responsibilities
- Working across a number of business areas providing development, maintenance and support
- Work on projects that directly impact key business metrics
- Participate in or facilitate workshops and design thinking exercises to get your collaborators and stakeholders actively engaged in problem definition & problem-solving
- Improve web performance
- Recommend ways to improve the building, testing, and deployment processes for the front-end stack.
- Create interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize task flows
- Develop and maintain artifacts that express humanity, simplicity and ingenuity in a range of fidelity—from napkin sketches to pixel-perfect designs
- Meet frequently in standups and grooming sessions with your engineers and product team
- Translate impulses, ideas, concepts into feasible but innovative output
- A working understanding of software engineering principles;
- Demonstratable UI/UX decision skills for browser-based UI;
- Proven track record of successfully delivering high-quality enterprise solutions over multiple product lifecycles;
- Contribute to the implementation, architecture, and design of our industry-leading browser-based reporting and IT automation application;
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Help identify probable causes and provide immediate solution during an incident
- Work within an agile environment following an agile framework.
- Contribute significant ideas for making the applications better and easier to use
- Participate in cutting edge research in artificial intelligence and machine learning applications.
- Contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex, real-world engineering problems.
Skills and Experience
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness) with a Keen eye for pixel-level detail in UI
- Experience collaborating with UI/UX Designers
- Understanding of data structures, data modelling and software architecture
- Deep knowledge of UI/UX design principles and industry standards;
- Strong HTML & CSS skills, with bonus points for experience with animation, knowledge of approaches to scalable/modular CSS, & preprocessors such as SCSS & LESS.
- Familiarity with client-side build processes & tools - Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, Ember CLI etc
- Ability to work in a team
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in multi-threading, message queues, WebSockets
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as Google cloud platform, AWS would be plus
- Good to have experience with automation of the development and test processes through CI/CD pipeline ( Git/version control workflows, Gitlab, SonarQube, Artifactory, Docker containers)
- Intermediate knowledge of API development
- Proving track record in building high performance, highly available and scalable systems
Bonus points for
- Past experience running experiments or A/B tests to test a product hypothesis
- Worked on data pipelines analyzing user behaviour to inform business decisions
- Expertise in performance analysis and optimization of front-end applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- Has at least 3 - 5 years of experience in Frontend development using modern frameworks (React, Angular, Vue etc)
- Portfolio documenting recently achieved projects
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Strong grasp of established and emerging technologies, systems, platforms, and software
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Technical curiosity - Willingness to explore and learn new technologies that are unfamiliar
- Ability to work in a fast pace delivery oriented environment
- Ability to deliver short term results while investing in long term strategic solutions
- Self-starter, and Self-motivated and able to learn independently
- Team player who is eager to help others to succeed